||Individualized Studies AAS
INDIVIDUALIZED STUDIES A.A.S. DEGREE
Program Course Requirements
Required Courses (5 credits)
CCST 1520 Career Planning, 2 cr
COMP 1101 Introduction to Computer Fundamentals, 3 cr
Require MnTC Courses (15 credits)
COMM 1410 Introduction to Communication Studies, 3 cr OR COMM 1420 Interpersonal Communications (Goal 1), 3 cr OR COMM 1422 Honors Interpersonal Communication (Goal 1), 3 cr OR COMM 1430 Public Speaking (Goal 1), 3 cr
ENGL 1410 Composition I (Goal 1), 4 cr OR ENGL 1420 Honors Composition I (Goal 1), 4 cr OR ENGL 1422 Practical Writing (Goals 1,2), 3 cr
Students must complete at least 9 credits from at least two different Minnesota Transfer Curriculum Goal Areas 2-10.
Students must work with a counselor to identify 39-42 additional credits from technical or liberal arts disciplines.
Total - 39 to 42 credits
GRADUATION REQUIREMENT - 60 CREDITS
Click here to download Individualized Studies A.A.S. Degree Program Planning Form (PDF)
Program Information: The Individualized Studies program is a flexible program that provides the opportunity for the student to design a set of classes that meets their specific needs. Students work with an advisor to develop a plan that meets specific occupational or transfer goals. Individualized Studies allows students to upgrade work-related skills and knowledge or to prepare for new occupations and/or transfer degree programs.
Graduates will be able to:
- Articulate the purpose and goals of their individualized course of study.
- Develop job search or degree transfer strategies that will lead to effective marketing of their occupational or academic skills.
- Demonstrate the proper use and understanding of either basic computer or web-based applications to function as a student or in a general office environment.
Special Program Requirements:
In addition to the program requirements, students must meet the following conditions in order to graduate:
- College Cumulative GPA Requirement: cumulative grade point average (GPA) of credits attempted and completed at CLC must be at least 2.0;
- Residency Requirement: students must complete 25% of their credits at Central Lakes College.