||Environmental Studies Certificate
ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES CERTIFICATE
Program Course Requirements
Choose 15 credits from the following:
BIOL 1415 Environmental Biology (3 cr)
BIOL 2415 General Econology (4 cr)
CHEM 1410 Environmental Chemistry (3 cr)
ENVR 1400 Introduction to Environmental Studies (3 cr)
ESCI 1444 Natural Disasters (3 cr)
ESCI 1451 Oceanography (3 cr)
ESCI 1452 Oceanography Lab (1 cr)
ESCI 1454 Earth Science and the Environment (4 cr)
SOCL 2422 Culture and Environment (3 cr)
GRADUATION REQUIREMENT - 15 CREDITS
Click here to download Environmental Studies Certificate Program Planning Form (PDF)
Program Information: Environmental Studies is the interdisciplinary field of study concerned with problems in the relationship between humanity, society, and the natural environment. Of particular concern is the impact of technology on the natural environment and its implications for human welfare. Courses are designed to enrich students’ knowledge of biological, physical and social aspects of the environment and their awareness of environment related issues.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of environmental relationships.;
- Think critically as they compare environmental processes with management of the world resources; and
- Understand the importance of Natural Science as they relate to the interconnectedness of all things through their understanding of the forces of the universe, evolution, and the importance of Natural Resource Management around the world.
Special Program Requirements:
In addition to the program requirements, students must meet the following conditions in order to graduate:
- College Cumulative GPA Requirement: cumulative grade point average (GPA) of credits attempted and completed at CLC must be at least 2.0;
- Residency Requirement: students must complete 25% of their credits at Central Lakes College.