||Office Assistant Certificate
OFFICE ASSISTANT CERTIFICATE
Program Course Requirements
BUSN 1102 Accounting for Non-Accountants (3 cr)
BUSN 1166 Business Communications (3 cr)
BUSN 1131 Business Math (3 cr)
COMP 1109 Intro to OPerating Systems (3 cr)
COMP 1120 Introduction to Computer Applications (3 cr)
MKTG 1162 Customer Relations (3 cr)
GRADUATION REQUIREMENT 18 CREDITS
Click here to download the Office Assistant Certificate Program Planning Form (PDF)
Gainful Employment Disclosure Report
Career Description: The Office Assistant Certificate program enhances the entry level skills of individuals performing administrative duties. The certificate includes instruction in accounting for non-accountants, business communications, business math, customer relations, and computer operation systems and applications.
Graduates will be able to:
- Read, understand, and prepare standard types of business documents
- Use appropriate office procedures as related to records information management, telephone communications, and mail management
- Produce accurate business documents and reports using computer technology and applying appropriate editing and language skills
Special Program Requirements: In addition to the program requirements, students must meet the following conditions in order to graduate:
1. The cumulative grade point average (GPA) of credits attempted and completed at CLC must be at least 2.0;
2. Students must complete one third (6) of their credits at Central Lakes College.
Career Opportunities: Office Assistants are employed in organizations of every type, but most are employed in service providing industries ranging from education and health care to government and retail trade. Others may work in firms engaged in manufacturing or construction.