||Robotic Welding Certificate
ROBOTIC WELDING CERTIFICATE
WELD 1100 Intro to Welding (2 cr)
WELD 1101 Shielded Metal ARC Welding (4 cr)
WELD 1111 Blueprint Reading (2 cr)
WELD 1117 Gas Metal ARC Welding (3 cr)
RAST 1104 Introduction to Automation (2 cr)
RAST 2134 Robotic ARC Welding (3 cr)
GRADUATION REQUIREMENT - 16 CREDITS
Click here to download Robotic Welding Certificate Program Planning Form (PDF)
Gainful Employment Information
Career Description: Robotic welders set up automated equipment within a robotic welding cell using safety devices, user operator systems, and welding power supplies. They also maintain welding torch equipment, edit and/or create robotic welding programs, change existing welding programs, and program welding parameters.
Program Information: The Robotic Welder Certificate instructs students in welding cell safety devices, blueprints and symbols. Upon successful completion of the program, students will be skilled in manual and robotic welding procedures, creating and editing robot welding programs, error recovery procedures, and basic maintenance of equipment including lubrication of the robot and welding fixtures.
Graduates will be able to:
- Apply proper industry safety standards;
- Apply welding and cutting safety procedures;
- Perform a variety of welding processes using appropriate equipment and setup procedures for SMAW and GMAW;
- Apply principles of basic welding fundamentals, symbols, blueprints and welding metallurgy;
- Develop correct robotic welding parameters for different welding procedures;
- Perform robotic welding controller operations and programming manual procedures;
- Create robotic welding programs;
- Upload and download existing programs;
- Modify existing welding programs;
- Robot and automated cell system error recovery procedures;
- Robotic welding cell cycle time calculations.
Special Program Requirements:
Students must meet the following conditions in order to graduate:
- College Cumulative GPA Requirement: cumulative grade point average (GPA) of credits attempted at CLC must be at least 2.0.
- College Technical Core GPA Requirement: cumulative GPA of credits attempted towards the technical core of the diploma or degree must be at least 2.0.
- Residency Requirement: students must complete one third of their credits at Central Lakes College.
Career Titles: Common career titles for people in this field are robotic welding cell operator, robotic welding system technician, robotic welding system operator, robotic welding setup and system operator.
Employment Opportunities: Employment of robotic welding technicians is expected to grow 8% by 2020. Robotic welders will find employment in a variety of occupations such as automotive suppliers, welding fabrication companies, agricultural original equipment manufacturers (OEM's), heavy equipment OEM's (Caterpillar, John Deere, Bobcat, etc.) and recreational vehicle manufacturers (Arctic Cat, Polaris, Honda, etc.).